Farmhill Grange, Douglas
5 bed homes
Modern, Stylish & Contemporary
A boutique development of modern homes just minutes from Douglas town centre.
This eagerly awaited development on the outskirts of the island’s capital is designed to bring the very best of Hartford’s renowned quality and innovative contemporary designs, created to complement the way we live our lives today.
Featuring just 16 homes over three house types, ranging from two-bedroom affordable homes to the five-bedroom ‘Stirling’, which incorporates our very latest style and layout.
Just minutes from Douglas centre, Farmhill Grange is a superb location for young and old alike.
Whether you walk, cycle or drive you are minutes away from the island’s capital and an increasingly impressive range of restaurants, bars and many leisure facilities.
Less than 1 mile to the National Sports Centre and its extensive facilities.
• Convenient for Douglas schools and shopping
• Just 15 minutes to the airport, and 5 minutes to the ferry terminal
• Easy commuting to the main business district and bordering the popular Isle of Man Business Park and Eden Business Park
• Literally minutes away from open countryside and the coastline
Travelling from Douglas, at Quarterbridge roundabout follow the signs to the South on the A1. Go straight through the first set of traffic lights (stay in the right hand lane) and turn right at the next set of traffic lights. Follow this road for around 175 meters, and you will see a small lane ahead of you with our signage near. Turn right onto this lane and Farmhill Grange is on the right hand side.
• Traditional masonry construction
• Insulated concrete ground floor and concrete foundations to engineer’s requirements
• Trussed roof heavily insulated and clad with Marley Eternit fibre cement slate
• PVC guttering
• PVC fascia and soffit
• Energy efficient PVC windows
• 2,400mm approx. ceilings to ground floor
• 2,400mm approx. ceilings to first floor
• Main road will be tarmac in places and in other places block paved and adopted by highway authority
• External wall finishes are a mixture of brickwork and render, in keeping with the planning permission
Services & AV
• Connection to adopted mains drainage
• Connection to mains services
• Cat 5 data cabling to all telephone points, providing more resilience and network options (not ‘daisy chained’ which creates signal drop off)
• All data cabling/telephone points to be wired back to central point to allow for potential data network by puchaser
• Domestic pressurised hot water storage cylinder designed and sized to meet the planned requirements of the house
• Gas fired boiler and white radiators sized to suit the homes’ requirements
• Heatmiser remote control heating system thermostat
• LED down-lights to bathrooms and kitchen (pendant points elsewhere)
• Well-placed white switches and sockets
• Provision for electric car charge (actual unit by purchaser)
• All data cabling/telephone points to be wired back to central point to allow for potential data network bypurchaser (face plates left ready for telecom as standard, client may need to change face plates to data connections for network connectivity)
General finishes & joinery
• Walls are brought to plaster skim and painted finish
• Floors left ready to receive floor finishes by others
(excluding bathrooms & en suites)
• White painted internal doors
• 100mm skirting and 75mm architrave painted white
• White painted ceilings
• Higher ceilings throughout
• Loft ladder to loft space
• Light and power point to loft
• Garage doors are automatic with x2 fobs provided
• All windows and doors are lockable
• Oak handrail to stairs which comprises of painted string and spindles in white and stairs left ready for carpet finish (unless upgrade package selected)
• Elegant front door with 3-point locking
• Antique bronze hinges and ironmongery
• Choice of kitchen from our kitchen supplier
• Choice of colours subject to time of construction, however, layout and service positions are fixed
• Kitchen and utility finishes will match
• Appliances include full height combination fridge/freezer oven, sink, hob, extractor and integrated dishwasher
• Splash back in same material as worktop
• Villeroy & Boch to bathrooms including vanity units
• Mirrors will be included to all bathrooms / en suites
• Chrome taps and large showers by Hansgrohe
• Oversized shower enclosures as standard
• High quality porcelain tiles fitted to all bathroom and en suite floors and to splash backs
• Radiator to WC
• Heated towel rail to all bathrooms and en suites
• Generous storage in vanity units and where applicable
• Under-floor heating (electric) to bathroom & en-suite
• Tegula block paving to driveway
• 60 x 60 cm slabs to footpath and separated by gravel traps where applicable
• Patio in excess of 2.4 x 2.4 m
• Turf lawn laid on graded topsoil to front only
• Rear garden will consist of graded topsoil (unless upgrade package selected)
• 6 ft timber fence to side boundaries generally, boundries may differ to use existing natural features - i.e. hedges.
Ask your sales adviser for plot specific information
• Open plan frontage with no fences forward of the building line
• Landscaping to front garden included (and trees to rear where planning requires)
A Fibre Broadband Only Development
Lightning fast. Ultra reliable. Farmhill Grange benefits from being a Fibre Broadband only development, with the infrastructure in place to get you connected using the fastest, highest quality service available via Manx Telecom. Offering greater capacity and flexibility over traditional copper broadband, fibre is ideal for homes where speedy and stable connectivity is key; from high quality streaming and gaming, to working from home.
WAIVER Accurate at time of going to print however we reserve the right to change without prior notice. This is not the legal specification document for contractual purposes.
This spec is not applicable to plots 6,7,8 & 9. These properties are built to the Government's affordable housing specification and copy can be provided upon request - although you should approach Housing Customer Services Team on 01624 685955 or www.gov.im/firsttimebuyers for details regarding these properties.
Development Site Plan
|15 RESERVED||2,224 ft2||£|
Three Upgrade packages available
To accommodate further customisations, we offer an upgrade package for all house types subject to stage of build and client exchange of contracts. This is at an additional cost which we believe offers you both value and convenience.
Slight deviations in upgrade can occur depending on time of selection i.e. if skirting is already down, flooring will be beaded to perimeter.
1. Upgrade package as priced:
• Sliding wardrobes to all bedrooms (new style from 1st May 2020)
• Turfed rear garden
• Choice of floor coverings for ground, first & stairs (excluding bathrooms / en suites which are tiled)
2. Air source heat pump (additional cost).
Air source heat pump systems absorb heat from the outside air to efficiently power your home’s central heating and hot water systems - all without using fossil fuels like gas and oil. Greener, cleaner and more economical to run.
£ Request Quote
3. Blinds, curtains, lamp shades and washing machine / tumble dryer package
(additional cost) £ Request Quote
Note: No choices or upgrades available on plots 6, 7, 8 & 9
Pricing is shown by each house type on the price list. It is the responsibility of the purchasers to check that choices and upgrades have been recorded correctly. It may be possible to add the upgrade to your purchase price. It is important to note that at generally around the time the house is being plastered, it is too late to make any choices and you would need to check if the choices for the plot have already been made and if they are changeable. In all cases, please speak to one of our sales advisors for further details.