Ballabeg Grove, Glen Vine
5 double bed detached home, with 3 bathrooms, open plan kitchen-dining room, family room, study, living room, double garage and driveway parking for 2 cars.
This specification is general to the whole development and not any particular house. Accordingly, some parts may not be applicable to this house/contract.
Reference should be made to the house layout plan attached to the contract for details of accommodation. The specification and layout may be varied through the choices of the purchaser. This Specification supersedes any previous specification.
• Written dimensions are structural dimensions and do not allow for finishes. Dimensions of finishes listed below subject to their intrinsic tolerances.
• Occasionally, it may be necessary to replace or substitute specifications with suitable alternative. All substitute products where possible will be of a similar standard.
• Building Regulations where referenced will be those applicable at the time of the application
• NHBC standards where referenced will be those applicable at the time of registration
• An NHBC 10-year build mark guarantee will be provided for this property
• Foundations - Constructed in accordance with design by Architects/Structural Engineer and inspected by Local Authority Building Inspector.
• Ground Floor - Concrete slab over insulation on damp proof membrane on blinded hardcore.
• Upper Floor - Flooring quality plywood/floor board laid on stress graded timber joists or similar engineered joists all as sized to suit spans. 100mm sound insulation in accordance with the Building Regulations.
• Ceilings - Higher ceilings throughout. 12.5mm plasterboard fixed to underside of floor joists or to underside of roof trusses with plaster skim finish.WherE there are rooms over garage, garage ceiling is to be insulated with 200mm quilt insulation and finished with 12.5mm plasterboard
• External Walls - Dense concrete blockwork internal skin, cavity with insulation, external skin dense concrete block render/masonry paint finish or stone board. Internal finish 12.5mm plasterboard and skim finish internally on dabs of adhesive (mixed finishes as per the approved elevations).
• Partition Walls - Internal partition walls to be softwood stud partitions with 12.5mm plasterboard and skim to both sides with. 50mm sound insulation where required in accordance with the Building Regulations. Some structural partition walls will be 100mm dense concrete block with finished with 12.5mm plasterboard and skim on dabs of adhesive.
• Roof - Concrete interlocking tiles fixed to manufacturer’s recommendations on 50 x 25 treated softwood battens; roofing felt on prefabricated roof trusses at 600mm centres. Wind bracing provided as per the truss manufacturers recommendations. Fascia, Soffits and rainwater goods to be black (white soffits) uPVC.
• Roof Insulation - 300mm mineral wool insulation.
• Staircase - To be painted softwood strings, spindles and newels, dark oak handrail and newel caps with MDF risers and treads to comply with the requirements of the current Building Regulations.
• External Windows and Patio Doors - Low maintenance black uPVC window and glazing system. Includes energy efficient glazed units. Bifold doors to be black polyester powder coated aluminium. Black windows with lead detail (fronts only).
• Internal Wall finishes & Ceiling Finishes - Plaster skim with paint finish to walls and ceilings.
• Joinery - MDF architraves and MDF skirting boards. All joinery work to be painted finish. Pull down loft ladder to access loft space which is insulated - immediate area boarded out. Antique brass ironmongerie. Drop down loft ladder as standard.
• Doors - Painted doors. Automatic Garage up and over doors.
• Kitchen - German kitchen and solid worktops with AEG appliances (hob, fridge/freezer, oven, extractor, dish washer). Will also feature a wine chiller.
• Utility - Sink base unit with worktop; stainless steel single bowl sink; space for a washing machine and tumble drier (or washer/drier). These appliances are not included.
• Bathroom - High quality Villeroy & Boch sanitary ware (white) will generally be fitted to all bathrooms. Hansgrohe chrome taps and shower fittings. Exceptions may occur on certain baths or components from time to time. Shower screens and bath screens are provided to showers and baths with showers overhead. Fully tiled floor and shower areas, feature tiling and splash backs elsewhere complimented with a paint finish. Custom made shelf will sit under large fitted mirrors above sinks. Heated towel rails to all bathrooms and en suites.
• Cleaning - A full and thorough clean of the dwelling will be carried out prior to handover.
• Heating - Ground floor: wet under floor heating system-first floor: panel radiators and heated towel rails to be provided to bathrooms (excludes DSWC).
• Domestic Hot Water - Installation and cylinder (where applicable) size determined to provide adequate hot water by the mechanical and electrical engineers. Cylinder will have an immersion for emergency backup.
• Ventilation - Mechanical extract system provided for Kitchen, Utility, WC’s and Bathrooms.
• Electrical - Electrical installation to be carried out to BS 7671, NHBC, Building Regulations and to the satisfaction of the Isle of Man Electricity Authority.
• Audio/Visual - Cat 5 to all telephone points. Main lounge wired ready for sky HD. All coax left terminated ready for aerial and sky dish installer by purchaser.
• External Drainage - All drainage work to be carried out to the satisfaction of the Building Control Officer. Drainage is private until it reaches the adopted main sewer.
• Soft and Hard Landscaping - Paved Driveway. Pathways to rear and one side of dwelling are to be 600x600mm paving slabs set 200mm off wall. Patio Areas are provided to each dwelling min 2.4m x 2.4m.
• Front garden - To be laid to lawn and provided with some landscaping where indicated within the approved landscaping scheme.
Note: Front gardens will generally be turfed. Alternatively, they may be seeded depending on the time of year and the availability of turf. On occasions, it may not be possible or desirable to complete all of the landscaping prior to practical completion. Access to complete the landscaping must be afforded by the purchaser, particularly if any such planting is the subject of a planning condition. Where there is an existing boundary feature such as a wall, hedge or similar it will be retained. Thereafter boundaries will be a 1.8 m high timber fence. The front gardens will generally be open plan. Gardens and landscaping will be graded and generally follow the contours of the pre-existing.
• Main Roads and Drains - The main road will be adopted by the highways authority and the mains drains will be adopted by the drainage authority.
CHOICES OR VARIATIONS
• Depending on the stage of construction, a number of variations may be possible. When an extra/over cost is applicable (and a quotation has been provided) for any given variation, a written instruction must be sent to Hartford Homes and be fully paid for in advance of any works being undertaken. Failure to do so may result in the variation no longer being possible or increase any associated costs involved with providing the extra/variation. Upgrade packages may also be available at additional cost subject to the build stage of the property and time of exchange of contracts.
• Paint Colour Choices
• Kitchen Style & Worktop Style
• Electrical layout and upgrades (direct with electrical contractor)
* Depending on stage of construction
WAIVER Accurate at time of going to print, however we reserve the right to change without prior notice. This is not the legal specification document for contractual purposes.
The Buckingham Floor Plans
The Buckingham First Floor
|Bedroom 1||17'7'' x 10'7''|
|En suite 1||9'8'' x 5'3''|
|Dressing 1||8'1'' x 7'8''|
|Bedroom 2||12'10'' x 12'9''|
|En suite 2||10'8'' x 4'3''|
|Bedroom 3||12'5'' x 13'|
|Bedroom 4||12'5'' x 10'10"|
|Bedroom 5||13' x 9'|
|Bathroom||9'7'' x 7'2''|