We call it the Hartford Difference - here's why...
A very different developer...
Award winning properties in stunning Island wide locations. Superior build quality and the finest interior fittings. Homebuyer support packages and unrivalled after sales service. Apartments, penthouse suites, first time buyer homes, family homes and luxury super-mansions. Welcome to Hartford Homes.
The Hartford Difference
We call it the Hartford Difference. It’s a combination of business ethics, industry expertise and a deep understanding of what our purchasers want, and how they expect to be treated! This is how we work…
It all starts with you
Everything we do is geared around your needs. Yes, our designs, room planning and internal fittings are among the best you will find anywhere – but it may not be exactly what you want. No problem. We can work with you to tailor the perfect living space for your particular requirements.
Help every step of the way
We realise there may be circumstances delaying you buying your dream home with us – your old home not selling, mortgage providers taking their time, having to save for a deposit – and that’s where the Hartford Difference really does come into its own. We have a range of specially developed schemes to help get you moving, as detailed later in this information guide.
Trust and confidence
Forget our award winning credentials and our long, proud history. Forget even our business ethics and exceptional customer support. Everything we do is backed up by our 10 year NHBC warranty giving you complete peace of mind. For the first two years our warranty covers fixings and finishings, and in years 2-10 the warranty is limited to structural only.
The best locations
Look through our portfolio of developments and you will see that we don’t just build anywhere. Of course, we could build industry leading homes in any old location, but who wants to live in any old location? It’s such an important part of the process and we don’t believe new home buyers should settle for anything less than exceptional locations.
After sales care
In the trade, we call it ‘snagging’. It’s the little tweaks required for any newly built home. This is another aspect of the Hartford Difference – to us, snagging is an opportunity to get everything perfect, the way we want it to be. We won’t ignore your phone calls. We won’t hide from our responsibility. Why? Because our reputation, and your peace of mind, demands that we act – and quickly. Rest assured we will, as backed up by our ‘A’ Rating with the NHBC, a seal of quality.
Taking our responsibilities seriously
It’s easy to talk about business ethics and responsibilities to both the environment and your local community. We do much, much more than talk about it. We are proud to have helped create many new local businesses who work closely with us. We are committed to industry innovation that recognises the need for energy conservation and environmental protection. Also we are committed to supporting our local community, from sponsorships to training.
Welcome to Hartford Homes, superb homes in the finest locations.
HARTFORD CUSTOMER CHARTER
Incorporating the NHBC Consumer Code for Home Builders
Hartford Homes are committed to customer service and quality of product of the highest standard.
This is our Customer Charter which sets out our commitments to provide you with service, procedures and information at appropriate stages during your purchase, incorporating our obligations under the NHBC Consumer Code.
1. We will give you a copy of our Customer Charter at your request at any stage of your dealings with Hartford Homes, and we will automatically give you a copy when you reserve a property. Details can also be found on our website at: www.hartford.im/about/why-hartford
2. We will work to our set systems and procedures to meet the commitments we have stated in our Customer Charter. This process will be explained to you fully on reservation of your property to help you make a fully informed decision.
3. We will train our staff to ensure they meet the commitments we have made to you as set out in our Customer Charter and the NHBC Consumer Code.
4. We will give you the detailed pre-contract information you need to make an informed decision about buying the property.
5. We will seek to ensure that you appoint your own professional legal advisor to carry out the legal formalities of buying the property and to represent your interests.
6. We will give you contact details of which person to contact through the process of buying your property, and who can help you with any questions you may have. We will also guide you through any relevant choices and options you can consider.
7. We will give you health and safety advice to reduce, as far as possible, the risk of danger on the development site during construction and in the use of your home.
8. Our marketing and advertising will be clear and truthful.
9. Our contract-of-sale terms and conditions will be clear and fair.
10. We will make clear to you your cancellation rights.
11. Your new home has the benefit of a 10 year NHBC Buildmark Cover Warranty. We will give you detailed information about this cover and any other guarantees and warranties from which you may benefit.
12. We will explain how we protect your deposit and how we deal with any other pre-payments.
13. We will give you reliable information about the timing of construction, legal completion and handover of the property.
14. Once a completion date is set we will ensure that the transfer of ownership takes place and the functions and facilities of the property are demonstrated to you.
15. We will inform you clearly about the after-sale and emergency services that we will provide for a certain period after completion.
16. We will tell you about our procedures for dealing with customer complaints, including the availability of any services that can help resolve complaints about warranties.
17. We will co-operate with appropriately qualified professional advisors you have appointed to help resolve disputes. Our customer charter commitments do not affect your statutory rights.
We offer extended warranty
When purchasing your new home from Hartford Homes you can rest assured we've thought of everything.
We never compromise on quality and provide you with a 10 year warranty period for your peace of mind. A full service cover is also provided for out of hours emergencies.
We care about our customers
From the moment you enter our sales centre you will receive the highest levels of customer service. A new home requires less maintenance over the first few years. However, if something goes wrong after you have legally completed, you can be assured our customer care team will assist you.
For the first two years our warrantee covers fixings and finishings, and in years 2-10 the warranty is structural only.
Hartford Homes is an A rated builder with the NHBC. Developers can only achieve this status by demonstrating a consistent approach to resolving any latent defect within a newly built property.
For further information please contact us directly - or refer to your customer care or NHBC information packs.
If you have a problem during normal working hours, contact our customer care team, who will respond quickly and professionally.
To cover out of hour issues we have established an emergency procedure to deal with any eventualities. Our facility offers a prompt and effective response to your problem. A customer care assistant will consider if your situation constitutes an emergency - and will contact one of our approved contractors to deal with your query immediately.
For emergencies occurring outside normal working hours please contact our helpline on 01624 631000
NHBC 'Pride in the Job'
The National House Building Council’s ‘Pride in the Job’ programme is the house-building industry's most prestigious awards scheme. Several Hartford Homes site managers have picked up an accolade from the NHBC in recent years, showing their commitment to quality and exceptional standards achieved in every aspect of work.
Seal of Excellence 2017 - Site Manager, Dominic McGreevy (Castleward Green, Douglas)
Quality Award 2017 - Site Manager, Dominic McGreevy (Castleward Green, Douglas)
NI & IOM Regional Award 2015 - Site Manager, Dominic McGreevy (Belvedere House, Douglas)
Quality Award 2015 - Site Manager, Dominic McGreevy (Belvedere House, Douglas)
Quality Award 2014 - Site Manager, Chris Corkhill (Palm Winds, Ramsey)
Quality Award 2012 - Site Manager, Dominic McGreevy (Royal Buildings, Onchan)
Quality Award 2010 - Site Manager, Keith Featherstone (Knock Rushen, Castletown)
Seal of Excellence 2010 - Site Manager, Keith Featherstone (Knock Rushen, Castletown)
Quality Award 2007 - Site Manager, Eugene Huxley (The Pavilions, Ramsey)
Why the Isle of Man?
The Isle of Man is a beautiful Island with breaktaking scenery, unspoilt beaches and a relaxed pace of life.
The Island enjoys rising National Income and low levels of unemployment. With excellent eduction, health and social amenities, the Isle of Man provides as enviable quality of life.Find Out More